Operations and Administration
Here’s an overview of the internal workings of the agency and the roles of various departments.
Department of Mass Literacy
- Attending to matters affecting National Commission for Mass Literacy.
- Attending to matters affecting Local Adult Education Officers (LAEOs) on the field.
- Collating monthly and quarterly reports of activities on Literacy centers.
- Approval of Literacy centers
- Attending to matters affecting I.D.P.S, UNICEF, UNESCO, etc.
- Attending to matters relating to publicity
- Monitoring of learning centers.
- Compilation and issuance of certificate of attendance.
- Compiling of general report.
- Attending to matter concerning NGOs, registrations and monitoring.
- Collaborating with the International Development partners or capacity building and production of learning materials.
- Advocacy, sensitization and mobilization for the Agency Literacy Programme.
- Mainstreaming of Non-Formal Education into Basic Education.
- Collaborating with Tertiary Institution for Production of Primers and training of officers.
The Department of Administration and Supplies
Responsibilities of the Department include the following:
- Advising on General Administrative matters in the Agency;
- Ensuring the maintenance of Discipline and cohesion in the Agency;
- Advising on all procurement activities and maintaining the stores and Government inventories;
- Responsible for general Maintenance of Agency Building and Transport;
- Interpretation of Extant – General order, Financial regulation Civil Service Commission Regulations and Establishment circulars
- Taking responsibility for such duties as personnel management and management services; and
- Coordinating Training Programme of staff of the Agency.
Department of Finance and Account
- Taking charge of the Account Duties in the Agency
- Advisory on the Disbursement of funds of the Agency
- Advising the Chief Executive, the Accounting officer and other Departmental Heads on Accounting matters
- Performing and any other function(s) as may be assigned from time to time by the office of the Accountant General and Executive Secretary.
Planning, Research and Statistics (PR&S)
The Department is saddled with the following responsibilities:
- Collation of the monthly and annual activities of the Agency by collating the reports of the other department of the Agency;
- Processing due process for all procurement and contract awards for the Agency;
- Collation and processing of the statistical data so collected such as Learner’s enrollment, number of literacy centers and number of (NGOs);
- Collaborate with other department on training and advocacy and community mobilization of relevant stakeholders;
- Preparation of the annual budget of the Agency;
- Rendering other services including supplying information and assistance to students of different higher institution and
- Carrying out other activities as directed by the Head of the Agency.
Department of Women Literacy and Skill Acquisition(WLSA)
- To ensure that AANFE remains the people’s Programme through skills acquisition/vocational training, advocacy and mobilization for harnessing human and material resources; mobilize private and international organizations and promote specified activities under Adult and Non-Formal Education Programme for the success of literacy and Vocational Skills delivery in various communities in the State.