Objectives & Functions
OBJECTIVES OF THE AGENCY
1. Developing policy and strategies aimed at eradicating illiteracy in the state
2. Monitor and standardize the implementation of mass literacy in the state
3. Produce self reliant neo-literacy through skill acquisition and functional literacy
4. Create awareness on the importance of literacy and non-formal education and encourage participation on a more sustained basis
5. Solicit the support of stakeholders in the task of making all the state literate
6. Collaborate with local government and non-governmental organization including other stakeholders in implementing literacy, Non-Formal and Continuing Education programmes.
FUNCTIONS OF THE AGENCY
1. Provide functional basic education for adults and youths who have never had the advantage of formal education or who left school too early through establishment of literacy centres.
2. Provide remedial and lifelong education for youths and adults who do not complete basic school.
3. Provide further education for different categories of completers of the formal education system to improve their basic knowledge and skills
4. Provide vocational and professional training for different categories of workers and professionals to improve their skills
5. Give the adult citizens aesthetic cultural and work education for public enlightenment.